The escgo! Chat Awards 2016 are launched – submit your nominations now!
Over the past three years, this annual event has become one of the biggest traditions of our #esc chat. The Chat Awards are our chance to look back on the year gone by: What was the most stunning staging at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest? What was the most amazing cult in our chatroom? Who was the best singer in Stockholm? We will soon find out!
On Sunday 4 December, we will again gather in the #esc chat to remember, recognise, reward and celebrate the best of 2016 – in eleven different categories.
You’ve got one week to submit your nominations, and the lines are now open! The nomination period will close on Saturday 3 December at 23:59 CET – and the main Chat Awards event in the #esc chat will take place on Sunday, 4 December at 21:00 CET.
So how does it work again?
You can – starting from now – submit 2 (two) candidates in each of the following categories by sending an email to email@example.com. You don’t have to nominate in all of the categories, just as many or as few as you want.
- Best national final of the 2016 season
- Best official preview video for an ESC 2016 song (must be the video as listed on eurovision.tv)
- Best dress worn at ESC 2016
- Best staging at ESC 2016
- Best solo artist at ESC 2016
- Best band or other non-solo artist at ESC 2016
- Best song at ESC 2016
- #esc cult of the year (you can suggest anything that’s made us laugh in the chatroom, from ridiculous national final performances to amazing YT clips we discovered this year – it doesn’t have to be ESC-related or from 2016)
- Hottest entrant in a national final or at Eurovision
What you can’t do is submit nominations for the other two categories:
- Song of the Season is the winner of the SongHunt 2016 final – the results will be revealed towards the end of the Chat Awards. You can still vote for your favourite song until we close the lines right after the start of the Chat Awards event. If you are excited about this category, we recommend being in the chat in good time – it’ll be worth it!
- Lifetime Achievement Award – the winner in this category is traditionally decided by the escgo! editors.
Once the nomination lines are closed, we will take a look at the results and pick the most popular choices from each category. These will be the final nominees for the event in the chat.
3. The main event in the chat
The most popular nominees in each category will be revealed in the chatroom during the Chat Awards event, immediately followed by a poll-based vote for the respective category. Anyone who is present in the chat when the nominees are announced can vote in these polls – so make sure you’re there and your voice is heard! A different chatter will then be asked to reveal the results and “present” the awards in each category.
Like last year, to keep things moving quickly, the nine “open categories” (the ones that you can submit nominations for) and their winners will be presented in three batches of three categories. In each set, the three category polls will be opened, displayed and closed simultaneously.
So don’t delay – get nominating today! Send your suggestions – up to 2 (two) per category – to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The lines for nominations close on Saturday 3 December at 23:59 CET.
We look forward to hearing from you!